Hey all, here's my first ever tutorial :P. I hope you find this useful; it will allow you to add further links to the menu you see on the left hand side of the UserCP page. I've used the Default theme for this tutorial but other themes may be similar if not the same, so you can still use this tutorial :).
1) Go to admincp >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Expand Templates (on your selected theme) >> User Control Panel Templates
2) Depending on which section you want to add your link, you need to open the template which related to it. I'm adding a link to Miscellaneous so I've clicked Full Edit on usercp_nav_misc
3) now that you have the template open, you need to find the following:
This will usually be located right at the end.
4) Now, before
the code I asked you to locate in step 3, you need to add the following code:
<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="URLHERE" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_usergroups">TEXTHERE</a></td></tr>
5) Once you've added the code above, you need to edit it. Firstly, replace URLHERE with the location you would like to link to. Secondly, replace TEXTHERE with the text to be displayed on the UserCP Menu. So for example, I might set the link to http://mybbsource.com/ and the text to MyBB Source.
- allow the link to open in a new window/tab instead of in the same window
- add a whole new section on the UserCP for the link to go under rather than adding it to a previous section (like I added mine to Miscellaneous)
- change the icon of the new link; with what I have provided it will use the icon of the Memberships link
- if your forum has multiple languages, change the text to the code which will link it to the languages page and get the text from there, depending on the users language
I won't explain any of this now but feel free to reply to this thread asking for assistance with any if this though, and I'll help :D.
And you're done. As I said above though, please note that this is for the Default Theme and there is a possibility that some custom themes will be different. Please also excuse any mistakes, I wrote all this on my iPod Touch :P. If you do notice a mistake though, just reply and I'll edit it :).
Hopefully you found this useful :D.